Constructive Construction on Campus 

The Campus Eye reporter Karissa Anderson takes you on a tour of the library and talks about what changes the Coon Rapids campus community will see.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Constructive Construction on Campus 

This photo is of desk that replaced the bookshelves they put down in the storage area. This is where students can study during the renovation of the library. 

Karissa Anderson

Karissa Anderson

Karissa Anderson

Karissa Anderson and Hanna Schultz

Video by Hanna Schultz

The Coon Rapids campus is undergoing big changes that will result in a new library.

The Coon Rapids campus library is getting a 28,00 square foot remodel. On Jan. 13, 2020 a small portion of the Riverside Lounge open as a temporary library. Students can come to the lounge to check out books. On Aug. 24, 2020 the fully remodeled library will be open for fall semester.  

The updated library will be a new experience.  There will be more places for students to relax and plug in their computersThere will also be more student study rooms so students can have group study or work on a group project. Al Mamaril, one of the librarians, wants students to know that the library is a student space and the newly designed library will reflect that.