ARCC Theatre Department
Violet, by Jeanine Tesori and Brian Crawley, is a moving musical featuring show-stopping anthems, ranging from American-roots to folk to gospel. As a girl, Violet was struck by a wayward axe blade when her father was chopping wood, leaving her with a scar across her face. With enough money finally saved she’s traveling across the Deep South in 1964 towards a miracle – the healing touch of a TV evangelist who will make her beautiful. Although she may not succeed in having the scar on her face healed, Violet is able to repair some of the scars that are lying deeper than her skin. On the way, she meets a soldier whose love for her reaches far past her physical “imperfections.”
The ARCC performance is directed by Lisa Weaver
Performance Dates and Times: February 11, 12, 17*, 18 and 19 at 7:30 pm
*Interpreted Performance – to ensure there is an interpreter, requests for an interpreter must be received by Feb.3 by emailing [email protected]*
The performances will be at the Coon Rapids Campus Performing Arts Center (PAC).
Tickets are FREE and performances will have general admission seating.
To receive tickets to participate as an in-person audience member, please follow these directions:
1. Click on this link.
2. Select the performance date you would like to attend by clicking on the orange “Select A Date” button.
3. Find the date you would like to attend and click on the orange “Tickets” button for that date.
4. Select the number of tickets you would like to register for by clicking on the box with the number “1”.
5. Click the orange “Register” button.
6. Enter your personal information into the contact information so we may update you on the show should anything happen and so you may get a copy of the tickets sent to your email.
7. Review your booking by looking at the order summary on the right, after going through the form and then click the “Register” button on the bottom. Afterwards, you will shortly receive a confirmation email with your tickets.
Please bring a copy of your ticket that you received via email when you registered just in case we need to verify your ticket when you arrive at the performance. If we need to verify your ticket when you arrive at the performance, feel free to just show the confirmation email on a phone (instead of printing it out).
Masks are required at all times. While you are in the Performing Arts Center building some level of social distancing is recommended.
The play is on the Coon Rapids Campus in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). Please park in the Main Parking lot by the PAC. To view a map of the Coon Rapids Campus please click on this link.
*If we have to cancel a performance because of other extenuating circumstances, you will be notified via email.
Come watch and support our students, faculty, and staff!
For more information on the show please visit our website www.arcctheatre.com!