For the Sake of Life: VOTE!

Carrena Falls, Anoka-Ramsey president of Students for Life ARCC

“Heading into 2020, one thing is clear: The Pro-Life Generation is energized to abolish abortion, and they want to see candidates who support their right to vote on pro-life policies and have their voices heard.”

-Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life of America president

Election day is here, and although there are many important issues to think about, one stands out among the rest: abortion. The power is in our hands to elect local and federal representatives who will fight for the rights of everyone, born and pre-born. This election is crucial.In our state of Minnesota, abortion is legal at any point in pregnancy, for any reason.

The Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (​HF 1312​ andSF 1609​) was proposed to protect children, at 20 weeks gestation and later, who can feel pain, from the horror of abortion. Science proves that at this age, the children can feel everything done to them during an abortion.This bill was struck down during the 2019 senate, but we need your support to help it become law.

That’s right, late term abortion, tax-payer funded abortion, and abortion without parental consent, are all happening right now in our state. In Minnesota, abortion facilities don’t even have to be inspected by the Department of Health. But, we don’t have to stand by and let all of this happen, we can be the change.

Most Americans oppose the over 10,000 late term abortions that happen each year, and many are unaware about the Democratic party’s stance on abortion.

The abortion lobby pushes for laws that many of us would disagree with, but we just don’t know it.The 2020 election might truly be the turning point for the rights of the pre-born. You have the chance to make a difference, change minds, and save lives. Throwing away your vote is throwing away someone’s chance at life. For the sake of life, please vote.

This opinion piece was submitted to The Campus Eye. We welcome student opinion pieces. Submissions may be sent to [email protected]