Sexual Assault on Coon Rapids Campus

Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s Public Safety turned over the investigation to the Anoka County sheriff’s office.

Anoka-Ramsey+Community+College%E2%80%99s+Public+Safety+office+turned+over+the+sexual+assault+case+to+the+Anoka+County+sheriff%E2%80%99s+office+on+Sept.+27.+

Photo by Ivan Lopez-Kne

Anoka-Ramsey Community College’s Public Safety office turned over the sexual assault case to the Anoka County sheriff’s office on Sept. 27.

Ivan Lopez-Kne, News Editor

The Coon Rapids Police Department reported an alleged case of sexual assault that occurred on Anoka-Ramsey Community College grounds around 10:00 a.m. on Sept. 27. The police are still investigating the assault but say it was an isolated incident and there is no current threat on campus.” According to police, the male and a female met on campus. 

Public Safety confirmed that the two involved are Anoka-Ramsey students at Anoka-Ramsey. The assault took place in the lower-level mens bathroom in the music department around 10:00 a.m. on Sept. 27.

All students received an email on Sept. 27 with the polices details of the event and a description of their potential suspect. 

For any students impacted by the incident, Anoka-Ramsey Public Safety recommends visiting Counseling Services in the Education Services area, or book an appointment with them by calling 763-433-1240, or online.  

The Campus Eye will continue to inform students of any developments and resolutions to this incident.